Digital Lighting and Rendering
- ISBN 13:
- ISBN 10:
- Edition: 3rd
- Format: Paperback
- Copyright: 11/11/2013
- Publisher: New Riders
Note: Not guaranteed to come with supplemental materials (access cards, study guides, lab manuals, CDs, etc.)
Extend Your Rental at Any Time
Need to keep your rental past your due date? At any time before your due date you can extend or purchase your rental through your account.
List Price $59.99 Save
• Learn how to pinpoint problems with your lighting and solve them to produce professional results.
• Break scenes into passes and layers, and convincingly composite 3D models into real-world environments.
• Adopt a linear workflow for more convincing lighting, global illumination, and compositing.
• Apply advanced rendering techniques using subsurface scattering, physically based lighting, caustics, and high dynamic range images.
• Build a bigger bag of tricks by learning “old-school” approaches such as tweaking shadow maps, faking GI with occlusion passes, and other cheats and tricks that save render time.
• Develop realistic materials and shaders, and design and assign detailed texture maps to your models.
• Mimic photographic exposure and cinematography techniques to simulate real-life f-stops, lens breathing, bokeh effects, and Kelvin color temperatures for more photorealistic renderings.
• Learn to light characters and environments in different situations: day or night; natural or artificial lights; indoors or outdoors; and in clear air, thick atmosphere, or under water.
• Understand production pipelines at visual effects and animation studios, and prepare for collaborative work on large lighting teams
• Get the latest insights into industry trends, and how to develop your lighting reel and get a job in an increasingly competitive industry.
• Download many of the 3D scenes used in this book from the author’s website to try texturing, lighting, and compositing on your own