Critical Reading English for Academic Purposes
- ISBN 13:
- ISBN 10:
- Edition: 1st
- Format: Paperback
- Copyright: 04/27/2015
- Publisher: Pearson Education ESL
Note: Not guaranteed to come with supplemental materials (access cards, study guides, lab manuals, CDs, etc.)
Extend Your Rental at Any Time
Need to keep your rental past your due date? At any time before your due date you can extend or purchase your rental through your account.
List Price $53.32 Save
- The text goes beyond the standard "reading comprehension plus vocabulary" approach.
- Includes opportunities for further research, as well as writing tasks designed to allow students to synthesize the materials they have read and reach an individual conclusion.
- Each chapter introduces a fundamental skill for developing critical awareness, including:
- considering place and date of publication;
- identifying author bias and purpose;
- distinguishing between fact and opinion;
- gauging scope of research;
- evaluating evidence;
- comparing the author's argument to other points of view; and
- ultimately, evaluating the strength and validity of an argument with the goal of writing a critical review of the article.
- Teachers can access My eLab documents for support materials including answer keys and tests.