Contemporary Cinema of Africa and the Diaspora
- ISBN 13:
- ISBN 10:
- Format: Paperback
- Copyright: 03/31/2014
- Publisher: Wiley-Blackwell
Note: Not guaranteed to come with supplemental materials (access cards, study guides, lab manuals, CDs, etc.)
Extend Your Rental at Any Time
Need to keep your rental past your due date? At any time before your due date you can extend or purchase your rental through your account.
Analyzing art house films from the African continent and the African diaspora, this book showcases a new generation of auteurs with African origins from political, aesthetic, and spectatorship perspectives.
• Focuses on art house cinema and discusses commercial African cinema
• Enlarges our understanding of African film to include thematic and aesthetic influence
• Highlights aesthetic and political aspects including racial identity, women’s issues, and diaspora
• Heavily illustrated with over 90 film stills
• Features selected stills integral to the filmic analysis in full color
• Moves beyond Western-oriented analytical paradigms