Concise Guide to Jazz
- ISBN 13:
- ISBN 10:
- Edition: 3rd
- Format: Paperback
- Copyright: 06/01/2000
- Publisher: Pearson College Div
- Newer Edition
Note: Not guaranteed to come with supplemental materials (access cards, study guides, lab manuals, CDs, etc.)
Extend Your Rental at Any Time
Need to keep your rental past your due date? At any time before your due date you can extend or purchase your rental through your account.
- EASY-TO-FOLLOW LISTENING GUIDES are keyed to 99 track numbers, chorus-by-chorus, on the 76-minute Classics CD (ISBN 0-13-088792-7): 21 historic recordings by Louis Armstrong, Count Basie, Duke Ellington, Dizzy Gillespie, Charlie Parker, Miles Davis, John Coltrane, Bill Evans, and many more.
- The 72-minute Demonstration CD (ISBN 0-3-088694-7): 157 narrated illustrations of instruments and methods that jazz musicians use to make their music.
- The text is available at a discounted package price combined with the 2 accompanying CDs (ISBN 0-13-088981-4), or with just the Classics CD (ISBN 0-13-088970-9), or with just the Demonstration CD (ISBN 0-13-088979-2).
- Both CDs and a videocassette version of the Demonstration CD (Listening to Jazz by Steve Gryb; ISBN 0-13-532862-4) can be ordered by phoning 800-947-7700.
- 99 STUNNING PHOTOS of top musicians at work, with captions summarizing their contributions.
- ELEMENTS OF MUSIC APPENDIX offers an illustrated short course in the basics of music: rhythm, scales, blue notes, chord progressions, song forms, and tone color.
- ALBUM BUYING STRATEGIES APPENDIX gives handy pointers for quickly selecting and locating the best albums.
- APPENDIX FOR MUSICIANS has examples of modes, chord progressions, comping, and bass lines.