Complete Guide to Size Specification and Technical Design
- ISBN 13:
- ISBN 10:
- Edition: 3rd
- Format: Paperback
- Copyright: 07/28/2016
- Publisher: Fairchild Books
Note: Not guaranteed to come with supplemental materials (access cards, study guides, lab manuals, CDs, etc.)
Extend Your Rental at Any Time
Need to keep your rental past your due date? At any time before your due date you can extend or purchase your rental through your account.
List Price $128.00 Save
With the continuing growth of private label brands, the demand for skilled technical designers has never been greater. The 3rd Edition of Complete Guide to Size Specification and Technical Design equips students with everything they need to know about measuring sample garments, creating fully graded spec sheets, fitting garments and grading patterns for production. Over 500 technical flats are clearly labeled with measurement points and instructions for taking measurements. A new chapter on children's wear expands upon the already comprehensive coverage of knit and woven womenswear and menswear. The new edition includes more coverage of PLM/PDM and computer-aided technical design, model measuring, graded pattern nests and more.
New to this Edition
· New section on computer-aided technical design including coverage of PLM/PDM software such as Gerber, Lectra, and Optitex
· New chapter on childrenswear with points of measure (POM) and grading information
· Added instructions on measuring the human body
· Expanded information on fitting and grading
· Updated appendices with new fashion flats and body figure croquis and a metric conversion chart
Complete Guide to Size Specification and Technical Design STUDIO--an online tool for more effective study!
· Review concepts with flashcards of essential vocabulary
· Watch videos showing how to measure a flat and fit a sample
· Downloadable templates, blank and sample spec sheets, basic garment and figure croquis
· Access additional resources like a Care Labeling Guide, Ordering a Dress Form Guide and a Buttonline Card
Instructor's Guide available
PLEASE NOTE: Purchasing or renting this ISBN does not include access to the STUDIO resources that accompany this text. To receive free access to the STUDIO content with new copies of this book, please refer to the book + STUDIO access card bundle ISBN 9781501313097.