A Companion to J. R. R. Tolkien
- ISBN 13:
- ISBN 10:
- Format: Hardcover
- Copyright: 06/03/2014
- Publisher: Wiley-Blackwell
Note: Not guaranteed to come with supplemental materials (access cards, study guides, lab manuals, CDs, etc.)
Extend Your Rental at Any Time
Need to keep your rental past your due date? At any time before your due date you can extend or purchase your rental through your account.
This is a complete resource for scholars and students of Tolkien, as well as avid fans, with coverage of his life, work, dominant themes, influences, and the critical reaction to his writing.
- An in-depth examination of Tolkien’s entire work by a cadre of top scholars
- Provides up-to-date discussion and analysis of Tolkien’s scholarly and literary works, including his latest posthumous book, The Fall of Arthur, as well as addressing contemporary adaptations, including the new Hobbit films
- Investigates various themes across his body of work, such as mythmaking, medieval languages, nature, war, religion, and the defeat of evil
- Discusses the impact of his work on art, film, music, gaming, and subsequent generations of fantasy writers