Cognitive Communications Distributed Artificial Intelligence (DAI), Regulatory Policy and Economics, Implementation
- ISBN 13:
- ISBN 10:
- Edition: 1st
- Format: eBook
- Copyright: 07/25/2012
- Publisher: Wiley
Note: Not guaranteed to come with supplemental materials (access cards, study guides, lab manuals, CDs, etc.)
Extend Your Rental at Any Time
Need to keep your rental past your due date? At any time before your due date you can extend or purchase your rental through your account.
List Price $170.66 Save
In this book, the authors present an overview of cognitive communications, encompassing both cognitive radio and cognitive networks, and also other application areas such as cognitive acoustics. The book also explains the specific rationale for the integration of different forms of distributed artificial intelligence into cognitive communications, something which is often neglected in many forms of technical contributions available today. Furthermore, the chapters are divided into four disciplines: wireless communications, distributed artificial intelligence, regulatory policy and economics and implementation. The book contains contributions from leading experts (academia and industry) in the field.
- Covers the broader field of cognitive communications as a whole, addressing application to communication systems in general (e.g. cognitive acoustics and Distributed Artificial Intelligence (DAI)
- Illustrates how different DAI based techniques can be used to self-organise the radio spectrum
- Explores the regulatory, policy and economic issues of cognitive communications in the context of secondary spectrum access
- Discusses application and implementation of cognitive communications techniques in different application areas (e.g. Cognitive Femtocell Networks (CFN)
- Written by experts in the field from both academia and industry
Cognitive Communications will be an invaluable guide for research community (PhD students, researchers) in the areas of wireless communications, and development engineers involved in the design and development of mobile, portable and fixed wireless systems., wireless network design engineer. Undergraduate and postgraduate students on elective courses in electronic engineering or computer science, and the research and engineering community will also find this book of interest.