Cloud Computing Design Patterns
- ISBN 13:
- ISBN 10:
- Edition: 1st
- Format: Hardcover
- Copyright: 06/04/2015
- Publisher: Prentice Hall
Note: Not guaranteed to come with supplemental materials (access cards, study guides, lab manuals, CDs, etc.)
Extend Your Rental at Any Time
Need to keep your rental past your due date? At any time before your due date you can extend or purchase your rental through your account.
List Price $49.99 Save
--Phil Wilkins, Enterprise Integration Architect, Specsavers
“Thomas Erl’s text provides a unique and comprehensive perspective on cloud design patterns that is clearly and concisely explained for the technical professional and layman alike. It is an informative, knowledgeable, and powerful insight that may guide cloud experts in achieving extraordinary results based on extraordinary expertise identified in this text. I will use this text as a resource in future cloud designs and architectural considerations.”
--Dr. Nancy M. Landreville, CEO/CISO, NML Computer Consulting
The Definitive Guide to Cloud Architecture and Design
Best-selling service technology author Thomas Erl has brought together the de facto catalog of design patterns for modern cloud-based architecture and solution design. More than two years in development, this book’s 100+ patterns illustrate proven solutions to common cloud challenges and requirements. Its patterns are supported by rich, visual documentation, including 300+ diagrams.
The authors address topics covering scalability, elasticity, reliability, resiliency, recovery, data management, storage, virtualization, monitoring, provisioning, administration, and much more. Readers will further find detailed coverage of cloud security, from networking and storage safeguards to identity systems, trust assurance, and auditing.
This book’s unprecedented technical depth makes it a must-have resource for every cloud technology architect, solution designer, developer, administrator, and manager.
- Enabling ubiquitous, on-demand, scalable network access to shared pools of configurable IT resources
- Optimizing multitenant environments to efficiently serve multiple unpredictable consumers
- Using elasticity best practices to scale IT resources transparently and automatically
- Ensuring runtime reliability, operational resiliency, and automated recovery from any failure
- Establishing resilient cloud architectures that act as pillars for enterprise cloud solutions
- Rapidly provisioning cloud storage devices, resources, and data with minimal management effort
- Enabling customers to configure and operate custom virtual networks in SaaS, PaaS, or IaaS environments
- Efficiently provisioning resources, monitoring runtimes, and handling day-to-day administration
- Implementing best-practice security controls for cloud service architectures and cloud storage
- Securing on-premise Internet access, external cloud connections, and scaled VMs
- Protecting cloud services against denial-of-service attacks and traffic hijacking
- Establishing cloud authentication gateways, federated cloud authentication, and cloud key management
- Providing trust attestation services to customers
- Monitoring and independently auditing cloud security
- Solving complex cloud design problems with compound super-patterns