Clinical Teaching Strategies in Nursing
- ISBN 13:
- ISBN 10:
- Edition: 3rd
- Format: Paperback
- Copyright: 03/28/2010
- Publisher: Springer Pub Co
Note: Not guaranteed to come with supplemental materials (access cards, study guides, lab manuals, CDs, etc.)
Extend Your Rental at Any Time
Need to keep your rental past your due date? At any time before your due date you can extend or purchase your rental through your account.
This textbook presents a comprehensive framework for planning, guiding, and evaluating learning activities for undergraduate and graduate nursing students in clinical settings.
The book presents clinical teaching strategies that are effective and practical in a rapidly changing health care environment. It describes a range of teaching strategies useful for courses in which the teacher is on-site with students, in courses using preceptors, in simulation laboratories, and in distance education environments.
This book represents the cutting edge of educational strategies, examining innovative uses of virtual reality, game-based learning, and nontraditional sites for clinical teaching. Also discussed are culturally inclusive strategies, methods incorporating current technologies, and strategies for teaching students with disabilities.
- Choosing clinical learning assignments
- Self-directed learning activities
- Case method, case study, and grand rounds
- Clinical Nurse Educator Examination Detailed Test Blueprint core competencies
- Evaluation strategies and grading for written assignments
- Ethical and legal issues in clinical teaching
- Recognizing that clinical settings require different approaches to teaching, the contributors present all the tools necessary to help educators meet the challenges of this complex learning environment.