Classroom Discussions In Math A Teacher's Guide for Using Talk Moves to Support the Common Core and More, Grades K-6: A Multimedia Professional Learning Resource
- ISBN 13:
- ISBN 10:
- Edition: 3rd
- Format: Paperback
- Copyright: 06/22/2013
- Publisher: Math Solutions
Note: Not guaranteed to come with supplemental materials (access cards, study guides, lab manuals, CDs, etc.)
Extend Your Rental at Any Time
Need to keep your rental past your due date? At any time before your due date you can extend or purchase your rental through your account.
Classroom Discussions in Math: A Teacher’s Guide for Using Talk Moves to Support the Common Core and Moreoffers an award-winning, unparalleled look at the significant role that classroom discussions can play in teaching mathematics and deepening students' mathematical understanding and learning. Based on a four-year research project funded by the U.S. Department of Education, this resource is divided into three sections:
- Section I: Getting Started: Mathematics Learning with Classroom Discussions
- Section II: The Mathematics: What Do We Talk About?
- Section III: Implementing Classroom Discussions
This multimedia third edition continues to emphasize the talk moves and tools that teachers can use to facilitate whole-class discussions that deepen students’ mathematical understanding.
New to This Edition
- 46 video clips from every grade, kindergarten through sixth, show students and teachers engaged in successful classroom discussions. Some video clips are new to Classroom Discussions in Math; others are all-time favorites selected from Classroom Discussions in Math: A Facilitator's Guide to Support Professional Learning of Discourse and the Common Core
- support for teaching with the Common Core State Standards for Mathematics
- Try This Lesson sections offer specific mathematics problems, questions, and more than twenty lesson plans ready for immediate use in the classroom (downloads provided upon purchasing this resource)
- Math Talk Tips highlight strategies for using specific talk moves, tools, and formats to develop students' mathematical learning
The accompanying DVD organizes forty-six video clips by chapter and by grade level for viewing convenience. The clips range from one to nine minutes in length with a total viewing time of approximately two hours and twenty-six minutes.