Chinese Knotting: An Illustrated Guide of 100+ Projects
- ISBN 13:
- ISBN 10:
- Edition: Illus.
- Format: Hardcover
- Copyright: 04/07/2015
- Publisher: Tuttle Pub
Note: Not guaranteed to come with supplemental materials (access cards, study guides, lab manuals, CDs, etc.)
Extend Your Rental at Any Time
Need to keep your rental past your due date? At any time before your due date you can extend or purchase your rental through your account.
List Price $26.95 Save
Chinese Knotting: An Illustrated Guide to 100+ Projects is a beautiful volume that teaches the easy-to-learn elements of Chinese knotting—interlacing silk cords and other materials in a variety of ways. The art of Chinese knotting has a rich history dating back to prehistoric times. Over the centuries, Chinese knotting has continued to evolve and has been incorporated in fashion, jewelry, accessories, home decoration, contemporary art and other means of expression. Using this ancient technique in new and fresh ways has kept it vital even into the new century.
Using step-by-step illustrations, this book introduces more than 100 types of Chinese knots. The tutorials will guide you through the creation of various knots and introduce their applications. You will gain an understanding of:
- Basic knots, such as double-coin knot, cloverleaf knot, endless knot and others
- Advanced knots that combine several basic knots, such as hydrangea knot, dharma-wheel knot and butterfly knot
- Practical projects, such as buttons, bookmarks and bracelets, etc.
- Chinese auspicious culture and its traditional symbols, such as "Blessings in Four Seasons", "Happiness and Longevity" and "Good Things Come in Pairs"
- History and use of Chinese knots