The CALLA Handbook Implementing the Cognitive Academic Language Learning Approach
- ISBN 13:
- ISBN 10:
- Edition: 2nd
- Format: Paperback
- Copyright: 02/12/2009
- Publisher: Pearson Education ESL
Note: Not guaranteed to come with supplemental materials (access cards, study guides, lab manuals, CDs, etc.)
Extend Your Rental at Any Time
Need to keep your rental past your due date? At any time before your due date you can extend or purchase your rental through your account.
List Price $81.73 Save
The second edition of The CALLA Handbook is a practical and research based methodology book for all teachers of students learning English as a new language. Each chapter has been updated to reflect new research, content-subject national standards, and adaptations of the CALLA model.
Features of the second edition
- An updated theoretical framework of CALLA, based on current second-language acquisition and learning theory research
- In-depth descriptions and examples for each component of the CALLA model: using content areas standards, developing academic language, and teaching learning strategies.
- A comprehensive analysis of the CALLA instructional sequence to help teachers plan and differentiate instruction
- Standardized test preparation and authentic, performance-based assessments
- Reproducible lesson plans and activities for using the CALLA model to enhance academic growth in English language arts, mathematics, science, and history/social studies