C++ Without Fear A Beginner's Guide That Makes You Feel Smart
- ISBN 13:
- ISBN 10:
- Edition: 3rd
- Format: Paperback
- Copyright: 12/20/2015
- Publisher: Prentice Hall
Note: Not guaranteed to come with supplemental materials (access cards, study guides, lab manuals, CDs, etc.)
Extend Your Rental at Any Time
Need to keep your rental past your due date? At any time before your due date you can extend or purchase your rental through your account.
List Price $34.99 Save
Learning C++ Doesn’t Have to Be Difficult!
Have you ever wanted to learn programming? Have you ever wanted to learn the C++ language behind many of today’s hottest games, business programs, and even advanced spacecraft? C++ Without Fear, Third Edition, is the ideal way to get started. Now updated for the newest C++14 standard and the free Microsoft Visual C++ Community Edition, it will quickly make you productive with C++ even if you’ve never written a line of code!
Brian Overland has earned rave reviews for this book’s approach to teaching C++. He starts with short, simple examples you can easily enter and run. Within a couple of chapters, you’ll be creating useful utilities, playing games, and solving puzzles. Everything’s simplified to its essentials, patiently explained, and clearly illustrated with practical examples and exercises that help you make progress quickly.
Overland reveals the “whys” and “tricks” behind each C++ language feature. And you’ll never get bogged down in complex or pointless examples: He keeps you 100% focused on learning what works and what matters—while having fun!
This new and improved edition
- Covers installing and using the free Microsoft Visual C++ Community Edition—but you can use any version of C++
- Explains valuable improvements in the new C++14 standard
- Modularizes C++14 coverage so it’s easy to write code that works with older versions
- Teaches with even more puzzles, games, and relevant exercises
- Offers more “why” and “how-to” coverage of object orientation, today’s #1 approach to programming
- Presents more ways to use Standard Template Library (STL) code to save time and get more done
- Contains an expanded reference section for all your day-to-day programming
Whether you want to learn C++ programming for pleasure or you’re considering a career in programming, this book is an outstanding choice.