Boating Skills and Seamanship, 14th Edition
- ISBN 13:
- ISBN 10:
- Edition: 14th
- Format: Paperback
- Copyright: 05/17/2013
- Publisher: International Marine/Ragged Mountain Press
Note: Not guaranteed to come with supplemental materials (access cards, study guides, lab manuals, CDs, etc.)
Extend Your Rental at Any Time
Need to keep your rental past your due date? At any time before your due date you can extend or purchase your rental through your account.
Learn the essentials of seamanship from one of the world's premier boating organizations
Developed and refined through 40 years of Coast Guard Auxiliary training courses, Boating Skills and Seamanship is your perfect introduction to recreational boating's fundamentals. Great for beginning and intermediate powerboaters alike, it offers you the basics of choosing, equipping, and handling a small to midsize powerboat.
This updated edition of the Coast Guard Auxiliary'sclassic boating skills manual will answer all yourquestions on:
- Selecting the right boat--whether a 10-foot skiff or a 35-foot cruiser
- Essential equipment, both required and recommended
- The latest electronic navigation
- Personal Locator Beacons (PLBs) and private communication services, e.g., SPOT devices and others
- Stability and safe loading
- Boat handling and seamanship on coastal and inland waters
- Trailering a boat
- Navigation and the rules of the nautical road
- And much more!
Approved by the National Association of State Boating Law Administrators (NASBLA), with chapter review questions and answers, Boating Skills and Seamanship is theideal study and reference guide for anyone taking a state boating license exam or seeking better boating skills and knowledge.