Bluewater Sailing on a Budget
- ISBN 13:
- ISBN 10:
- Edition: 1st
- Format: Paperback
- Copyright: 12/02/2014
- Publisher: International Marine/Ragged Mountain Press
Note: Not guaranteed to come with supplemental materials (access cards, study guides, lab manuals, CDs, etc.)
Extend Your Rental at Any Time
Need to keep your rental past your due date? At any time before your due date you can extend or purchase your rental through your account.
Expert advice on how to find (and purchase and outfit) that safe, affordable, and responsive sailboat to take readers around the world, or around the bay
Unlike other books that go into fundamentals about rudder designs, etc., Bluewater Sailing for Any Budget concentrates on specific advice about the search process, the buying process, and final outfitting.The centerpiece of the book is yacht delivery captain and marina owner James Elfer's analysis of 20 offshore-capable sailboats available for under $50,000. This one-of-a-kind list of boats is based on an exhaustive survey of industry professionals, and the boats are readily available for purchase in most regions.
- Unique, well researched and well-founded list of capable boats
- Includes first-person accounts from owners
- Table of data for each boat, including important capsize number (an indicator of stability)
- Multiple photos and lines plans