Globalization and Diversity : Geography of a Changing World
- ISBN 13:
- ISBN 10:
- Edition: 3rd
- Format: Paperback
- Copyright: 01/04/2010
- Publisher: Prentice Hall
- Newer Edition
Note: Not guaranteed to come with supplemental materials (access cards, study guides, lab manuals, CDs, etc.)
Extend Your Rental at Any Time
Need to keep your rental past your due date? At any time before your due date you can extend or purchase your rental through your account.
List Price $143.40 Save
This exciting, contemporary approach to World Regional Geography acknowledges the geographic changes that accompany today’s rapid rate of globalization. The authors' unique approach gives you access to the latest ideas, concepts and theories in geography while also developing a strong foundation in the fundamentals of world regions, including a strong sense of place and an understanding of the connections within and between world regions.
Globalization and Diversity is a briefer version of the popular Diversity Amid Globalization by the same authors. This distillation focuses on core materials that professors and students need in a World Regional Geography course. This condensed book is a useful tool for those instructors interested in a briefer text, or for those who are concerned about the reading ability of their students.
New To This Edition :
- More emphasis on globalization: Coverage of globalization is amplified in each regional chapter with a new text bullet point on the chapter opener that ties globalization themes to the region.
- More emphasis on global connections: Transregional links are explored in new boxed essays titled “Exploring Global Connections.” Examples include: the globalization of firefighting (Chapter 3); China’s investment in Africa (Chapter 6); The Tata Group (Chapter 12); and Nauru and the Mixed Benefits of Globalization (Chapter 14).
- Increased coverage of global climate change: Discussion of global climate change is expanded in Chapter 2. In addition, the impact of climate change is discsussed in the context of each regional chapter.
- New redesigned cartography: The map program has been thoroughly redesigned to an open, visually appealing approach while retaining the accuracy and pedagogical focus of previous edition maps.
- Updates for currency include the geographic impacts of the global economic crisis, coverage of Afghanistan and Pakistan, and China and India’s increasing importance in world affairs.
- Online media updates include: NEW Earth Report videos correlated to each chapter and associated assessments, and NEW online interactive maps & associated assessments.