Politics and Policy in American States and Communities
- ISBN 13:
- ISBN 10:
- Edition: 7th
- Format: Paperback
- Copyright: 07/24/2009
- Publisher: Pearson
- Newer Edition
Note: Not guaranteed to come with supplemental materials (access cards, study guides, lab manuals, CDs, etc.)
Extend Your Rental at Any Time
Need to keep your rental past your due date? At any time before your due date you can extend or purchase your rental through your account.
List Price $149.00 Save
Politics and Policy in American States and Communities, 7/E distinguishes itself through its highly accessible writing style, inclusion of unique topics such as tribal governments, extensive discussion of intergovernmental relations, and its focus on the relationship between government and the governed--how individuals are affected by government decisions and how individuals influence public policy ("face-to-face" approach).
As the authors have done in previous editions, their "face-to-face" approach to the study of state and local governments personalizes the material, connects government to students' lives, and makes the material more meaningful and relevant to the student.
New to this edition:
- Discussion of the critical issues of today: economic, health, and environmental
- Exploration of the increase in incidents of corrupt behavior by top state and local officials
- Examination of the new uses of the Internet in campaigns and in raising funds for campaigns
- Consideration of the recent controversies regarding the death penalty and methods of execution
- Analysis of the emergence of the federal government as a major player in education policy
- Innovations of state government to play a stronger role in education policy