Beyond Big Data Using Social MDM to Drive Deep Customer Insight
- ISBN 13:
- ISBN 10:
- Edition: 1st
- Format: Paperback
- Copyright: 10/17/2014
- Publisher: IBM Press
Note: Not guaranteed to come with supplemental materials (access cards, study guides, lab manuals, CDs, etc.)
Extend Your Rental at Any Time
Need to keep your rental past your due date? At any time before your due date you can extend or purchase your rental through your account.
Drive Powerful Business Value by Extending MDM to Social, Mobile, Local, and Transactional Data
Enterprises have long relied on Master Data Management (MDM) to improve customer-related processes. But MDM was designed primarily for structured data. Today, crucial information is increasingly captured in unstructured, transactional, and social formats: from tweets and Facebook posts to call center transcripts. Even with tools like Hadoop, extracting usable insight is difficult—often, because it’s so difficult to integrate new and legacy data sources.
In Beyond Big Data, five of IBM’s leading data management experts introduce powerful new ways to integrate social, mobile, location, and traditional data. Drawing on pioneering experience with IBM’s enterprise customers, they show how Social MDM can help you deepen relationships, improve prospect targeting, and fully engage customers through mobile channels.
Business leaders and practitioners will discover powerful new ways to combine social and master data to improve performance and uncover new opportunities. Architects and other technical leaders will find a complete reference architecture, in-depth coverage of relevant technologies and use cases, and domain-specific best practices for their own projects.
- How Social MDM extends fundamental MDM concepts and techniques
- Architecting Social MDM: components, functions, layers, and interactions
- Identifying high value relationships: person to product and person to organization
- Mapping Social MDM architecture to specific products and technologies
- Using Social MDM to create more compelling customer experiences
- Accelerating your transition to highly-targeted, contextual marketing
- Incorporating mobile data to improve employee productivity
- Avoiding privacy and ethical pitfalls throughout your ecosystem
- Previewing Semantic MDM and other emerging trends