App Accomplished Strategies for App Development Success
- ISBN 13:
- ISBN 10:
- Edition: 1st
- Format: Paperback
- Copyright: 07/18/2014
- Publisher: Addison-Wesley Professional
Note: Not guaranteed to come with supplemental materials (access cards, study guides, lab manuals, CDs, etc.)
Extend Your Rental at Any Time
Need to keep your rental past your due date? At any time before your due date you can extend or purchase your rental through your account.
Foreword by Kyle Richter, CEO, MartianCraft
Today, successful apps are complex software projects. You can’t just knock them off in a weekend--and, worse, many common programming habits don’t work well in mobile. You need skills, processes, tools, management techniques, and best practices that are honed for mobile platforms and realities. In App Accomplished, top mobile developer Carl Brown provides all that--so you can run your entire project effectively and get the answers you need right now.
Whether you’re writing your own code or contracting out, you’ll find hard-won guidance for your entire app development life cycle. Brown guides you step-by-step from planning and design through testing and updates. Through case studies drawn from his immense experience, he reveals why so many app projects fail--and how to avoid the mistakes that derailed them.
When it comes to apps, a great idea isn’t enough: You have to execute. This is the first book that shows you how.
- Understand mobile-specific issues that lead even experienced developers astray
- Find developers who can do a great job with your unique app at a fair price
- Define the requirements you need to create accurate schedules and budgets
- Work with developers to get the best possible results
- Manage and communicate effectively to avoid cost overruns
- Solve problems before they get out of control
- Develop wireframes and prototypes that clarify the user’s core experience
- Choose app components, from servers to data storage
- Select tools for source control, testing, project tracking, and more
- Identify and fill crucial skills gaps
- Estimate the quality of the app you’re building
- Efficiently test and debug your app
- Recover from App Store rejection
- Leverage user feedback to help plan your next release
- Determine when an existing project is too far off course to fix