Antibiotics in Laboratory Medicine
- ISBN 13:
- ISBN 10:
- Edition: 6th
- Format: Hardcover
- Copyright: 09/18/2014
- Publisher: LWW
Note: Not guaranteed to come with supplemental materials (access cards, study guides, lab manuals, CDs, etc.)
Extend Your Rental at Any Time
Need to keep your rental past your due date? At any time before your due date you can extend or purchase your rental through your account.
Antibiotics in Laboratory Medicine has been the defining reference source on evaluating the effectiveness of antibiotic compounds in treating infectious diseases for over 35 years. This thoroughly updated 6th Edition, edited by Daniel Amsterdam and featuring contributions from an elite team of leading international experts, equips you with all the latest methods for analyzing the mechanisms of activity/resistance of various pathogens, assessing their susceptibility to potential treatments, and detecting drug resistance and multi-drug resistance.
- New chapters explore the predictive value of in vitro laboratory testing, the challenges of developing antimicrobial stewardship, and the improvements in inpatient care that antimicrobial stewardship has fostered.
- A greatly expanded and updated chapter on antivirals guides you through the most recently discovered treatments.
- Comprehensive updates throughout put all of the most current knowledge and techniques in the field at your fingertips.
- Complete content with enhanced navigation
- A powerful search tool that pulls results from content in the book, your notes, and even the web
- Cross-linked pages, references, and more for easy navigation
- Highlighting tool for easier reference of key content throughout the text
- Ability to take and share notes with friends and colleagues
- Quick-reference tabbing to save your favorite content for future use