American Ways An Introduction to American Culture
- ISBN 13:
- ISBN 10:
- Edition: 4th
- Format: Paperback
- Copyright: 01/10/2014
- Publisher: Pearson Education ESL
Note: Not guaranteed to come with supplemental materials (access cards, study guides, lab manuals, CDs, etc.)
Extend Your Rental at Any Time
Need to keep your rental past your due date? At any time before your due date you can extend or purchase your rental through your account.
List Price $45.32 Save
As the cultural diversity of the United States continues to increase, the issues surrounding multiculturalism continue to be of great importance. With updates throughout and a fresh, new design, the Fourth Edition of American Ways retains its values-based perspective in examining what makes the U.S. unique -- and how traditional values influence various aspects of American life such as religion, business, government, race relations, education, recreation, and family.
- Includes enhanced focus on critical thinking, including assessing information, comparing alternative points of view, identifying potential problems and solutions, and being a questioning reader.
- Provides more explicit development of reading skills (skimming, scanning, predicting, and understanding main ideas and details).
- Features an expanded writing section (identifying and organizing academic information into main ideas and supporting details, often preceded by discussion, research, and completion of graphic organizers).
- Incorporates many new sources, poll data, and information on challenges such as rising national debt, gun violence, and immigration reform.