Aircraft Basic Science, Eighth Edition
- ISBN 13:
- ISBN 10:
- Edition: 8th
- Format: Paperback
- Copyright: 04/17/2013
- Publisher: McGraw-Hill Education
Note: Not guaranteed to come with supplemental materials (access cards, study guides, lab manuals, CDs, etc.)
Extend Your Rental at Any Time
Need to keep your rental past your due date? At any time before your due date you can extend or purchase your rental through your account.
Learn the latest technologies needed to pass the FAA airframe and powerplant maintenance certification!
Aircraft Basic Science, Eighth Edition, is a valuable resource for students of aviation technology that provides updated information needed to prepare for an FAA airframe and powerplant maintenance certification. This expanded edition includes recent advances in technology, such as the use of composite aircraft materials, with revised examples and figures to more accurately reflect the state of the industry.
For easy reference, chapters are illustrated and present specific aspects of aircraft materials, fabrication processes, maintenance tools, and federal aviation regulations.
This updated edition includes:
- The use, inspection, and fabrication of composite structures, including honeycomb, fiberglass, and carbon fiber materials
- 4-page full-color insert
- Hypersonic flight aerodynamics as they apply to high-speed aircraft and space reentry vehicles
- Tilt rotor aircraft aerodynamics and design
- New alloys and processes used in aircraft such as powered aluminum and friction stir welding
- Relevant ICAO/EASA (European and international) rules and regulations including maintenance and repair organizations (MROs), the NASA safety reporting system, ATAsystems, the electronic document retrieval system, and recordkeeping systems
- Ground handling and safety for large, airline-style aircraft
- New alternative fuels under development including bio and other synthetic fuels
- FAA Airframe and Powerplant certification requirements needed to perform and approve aircraft maintenance