Advanced Mobility and Transport Engineering
- ISBN 13:
- ISBN 10:
- Edition: 1st
- Format: eBook
- Copyright: 01/15/2013
- Publisher: Wiley-ISTE
Note: Not guaranteed to come with supplemental materials (access cards, study guides, lab manuals, CDs, etc.)
Extend Your Rental at Any Time
Need to keep your rental past your due date? At any time before your due date you can extend or purchase your rental through your account.
List Price $133.33 Save
Multimodal transport network customers need to be directed during their travels. A travel support tool can be offered by a Multimodal Information System (MIS), which allows them to input their needs and provides them with the appropriate responses to improve their travel conditions.
The goal of this book is to design and develop methodologies in order to realize a MIS tool which can ensure permanent multimodal information availability before and during travel, considering passengers’ mobility.
The authors propose methods and tools that help transport network customers to formulate their requests when they connect to their favorite information systems through PC, laptop, cell phone, Portable Digital Assistant (PDA), etc. The MIS must automatically identify the websites concerning the customer’s services. These sites can, in fact, represent transport services, cultural services, tourist services, etc. The system should then be able to collect the necessary travel information from these sites in order to construct and propose the most convenient information according to the user’s requests.
1. Agent-oriented Road Traffic Simulation, René Mandiau, Sylvain Piechowiak, Arnaud Doniec and Stéphane Espié.
2. An Agent-based Information System for Searching
and Creating Mobility-aiding Services, Slim Hammadi and Hayfa Zgaya.
3. Inter-vehicle Services and Communication, Sylvain Lecomte, Thierry Delot and Mikael Desertot.
4. Modeling and Control of Traffic Flow, Daniel Jolly, Boumediene Kamel and Amar Benasser.
5. Criteria and Methods for Interactive System Evaluation: Application to a Regulation Post in the Transport Domain, Houcine Ezzedine, Abdelwaheb Trabelsi, Chi Dung Tran and Christophe Kolski.