50 Great Myths About Religions
- ISBN 13:
- ISBN 10:
- Format: Hardcover
- Copyright: 06/16/2014
- Publisher: Wiley-Blackwell
Note: Not guaranteed to come with supplemental materials (access cards, study guides, lab manuals, CDs, etc.)
Extend Your Rental at Any Time
Need to keep your rental past your due date? At any time before your due date you can extend or purchase your rental through your account.
50 Myths about Religion is an intriguing, informative, and often humorous introduction to some of the long standing myths that surround religious belief. This engaging book will get its readers thinking about how and why certain myths have arisen, and their continuing influence on our personal and collective view of religion.
- Discusses myths about religious belief in general, as well as specific ideas that surround Judaism, Christianity, Islam, atheism, and agnosticism
- Covers a wide range of myths, from ancient legends such as the Bible forbidding pork being eaten because it causes illness, to modern urban fables, such as Barack Obama being a Muslim
- Deconstructs each myth in turn, explaining why it arose, how it spread, and why the beliefs that stem from it are questionable
- Includes a fascinating discussion about human nature, and the main characteristics that predispose us to create and circulate myths to begin with
- Underpinned by authoritative content, it is written by two renowned religion scholars and experienced authors