FREE SHIPPING BOTH WAYSON EVERY ORDER!
Because Knetbooks knows college students. Our rental program is designed to save you time and money. Whether you need a textbook for a semester, quarter or even a summer session, we have an option for you. Simply select a rental period, enter your information and your book will be on its way!
The landmark emergency medicine text is now in full color
Includes Companion DVD with 17 additional chapters
With 418 contributors representing over 120 medical centers around the world, Tintinalli’s Emergency Medicine is the most practical and clinically rigorous reference of its kind. It covers everything from prehospital care, disaster preparedness, and basic resuscitative techniques, to all the major diseases requiring emergency treatment, such as pulmonary emergencies, renal and GU disorders, and hemophilia. This authoritative, in-depth coverage makes this classic text indispensible not only in emergency departments, but also for residents and practitioners when studying or preparing for any exam they may face.
While continuing to provide the most current information for acute conditions, the Seventh Edition of Tintinalli’s Emergency Medicine has been substantially revised and updated to cover all of the conditions for which patients seek emergency department care in a concise and easy-to-read-manner.
-Full-color design with more figures and tables than ever
-Reader-friendly chapter presentation makes it easy to find important material.
-Updated tables covering drugs and important clinical information
-Patient safety considerations and injury prevention are integrated into chapters, as appropriate
-Total revision of the dermatology section enables diagnosis by lesion description and body area affected, and provides current treatment
-Organ systems sections reorganized to reflect considerations for actual clinical practice.
-New chapters: New adult chapters include Natural Disasters, Aneurysms of the Aorta and Major Arteries; Hip and Knee Pain, Aortic Dissection; Acute Urinary Retention; Subarachnoid Hemorrhage and Intracranial Bleeding; Clotting Disorders; Community –acquired Pneumonia and Noninfectious Pulmonary Infiltrates; Type I Diabetes; Type II Diabetes; Anemia; Tests of Hemostasis; Clotting Disorders; Head Injury in Adults and Children; the Transplant Patient; Grief, Death and Dying; and Legal Issues in Emergency Medicine. Twelve new pediatric chapters including The Diabetic Child, Hematologic-Oncologic Emergencies, Ear and Mastoids, Eye Problems in Infants and Children, Neck Masses, GI Bleeding, Nose and Sinuses, Urologic and Gynecologic Procedures in children, Renal emergencies in children, Behavioral and Psychiatric Disorders in children, Pediatric Procedures, Pediatric ECG Interpretation
-Greater coverage of procedures throughout for the most common conditions seen in the emergency department.
-Companion DVD features an additional 17 chapters, such as Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy, Principles of Imaging, Prison Medicine, Military Medicine, The Violent Patient, Forensics, Wound Ballistics, and Drug Interactions.
-Companion DVD also features videos and animations for teaching and learning performance of important procedures, especially Ultrasound-Guided Procedures
Tintinalli's Emergency Medicine is the book all Emergency Departments must have on hand and that all residents and those taking recertification exams will buy to prepare for the boards.
Market / Audience
Emergency Medicine Physicians - 21,071 Emergency Medicine Residents - 4,100About the Book First published in a slender paperback by the American College of Emergency Medicine (ACEP) in 1979, the maturation of the "Study Guide" has reflected the growth and development of emergency medicine. McGraw-Hill assumed publication in 1985, and, under Judith Tintinalli's leadership along with the endorsement of ACEP, this book has become the leading resource in emergency medicine.
With 418 contributors representing over 120 medical centers from around the world Tintinalli's Emergency Medicine comprehensively covers the field from prehospital care, disaster preparedness and basic resuscitative techniques, to all the major diseases and disorders encountered in the emergency department. For the first time, the 7th edition will be published online ahead of print on McGraw-Hill's Access Emergency Medicine. In addition, the book will be accompanied by a CD-ROM including 17 e-only chapters as well as videos and animations from the online edition on Access Emergency Medicine
Key Selling Features
- New chapter template will improve readability and allow quick searching
- New 4-color design will include at least one "visual" (figure, photo, table) per page
- Expansion of patient safety considerations and injury prevention(now integrated rather than separate chapters)
- New international focus on global differences in management through the addition of new contributors Major organ system sections will be reorganized by severity of risk. For example in cardiovascular diseases, the first four chapters will now be chest pain, acute coronary symdromes, cardiogenic shock, and low probability ACS syndromes
- New chapters include: Natural Disasters; Aneurysms of the Aorta and Major Arteries; Aortic Dissection; Acute Urinary Retention; Acute Renal Failure & Renal Insufficiency; The Diabetic Child; Hemtologic-Oncologic Emergencies; and Subarachnoid Hemorrhage Total overhaul and rework of the Dermatology Section Highly regarded tables covering drugs (e.g. Oral antibiotic recommendations of common skin infections, and neonatal resuscitation drug chart) and clinical information (e.g. Gastroenteritis mnenomic, management of urinary tract infections and conditions associated with deep venous thrombosis) 100% revised overall
- Accompanying CD includes 17 digital-only chapters and videos and animations of emergency procedures including Airway Management, Wound Care, Central Lines, Vein Cannulation, Splinting, and much more.
Online features: Over fifty additional videos of emergency procedures additional text, tables, and images are available in the online edition on Access Emergency Medicine Monthly updates highlight new trends and research in emergency medicine Links from drug names to Gold Standard drug database for up-to-date dosing information and from chapter references to PubMed Calculators, Cases Presentations, Review Questions and Other resources