Because Knetbooks knows college students. Our rental program is designed to save you time and money. Whether you need a textbook for a semester, quarter or even a summer session, we have an option for you. Simply select a rental period, enter your information and your book will be on its way!
In an increasingly interconnected global business environment, it is crucial that marketers recognise how a better understanding of cultural differences can help improve performance.
Marketing Across Cultures examines how multinational companies can appreciate and adapt to international diversity. By comparing national marketing systems with local commercial customs, Usunier and Lee use a cross-cultural approach that provides essential information on how marketing strategies can be implemented in different national contexts.
Full of up-to-date examples, numerous illustrations and using clear language, this text will guide students through key cultural marketing issues.
Table of contents
PART I: THE CULTURAL VARIABLE IN INTERNATIONAL MARKETING
1. The cultural process
2. Cultural dynamics 1: time and space
3. Cultural dynamics 2: interactions, mindsets and behaviours
PART II: THE INTEGRATION OF LOCAL CONSUMPTION IN A GLOBAL MARKETING ENVIRONMENT
4. Cross-cultural consumer Behaviour
5. Local consumers and the globalisation of consumption
6. Cross-cultural market research
PART III: MARKETING DECISIONS FOR THE INTERCU... MORE
7. Intercultural marketing strategy
8. Product policy 1: physical, service and symbolic attributes
9. Product policy 2: managing meaning
10. The critical role of price in relational exchange
11 .International distribution and sales promotion
PART IV: INTERCULUTURAL MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS
12. Language, culture and communication
13. Intercultural marketing communications 1: advertising
14. Intercultural marketing communications 2: personal selling, networking and public relations