FREE SHIPPING BOTH WAYSON EVERY ORDER!
Because Knetbooks knows college students. Our rental program is designed to save you time and money. Whether you need a textbook for a semester, quarter or even a summer session, we have an option for you. Simply select a rental period, enter your information and your book will be on its way!
Preface to the Second Edition
Part One: Foundations of the Learner-Centered Approach
1. Learner-Centered Teaching: Roots and Origins
2. Research: Evidence That Learner-Centered Approaches Work
Part Two: The Five Key Changes to Practice
3. The Role of the Teacher
4. The Balance of Power
5. The Function of Content
6. The Responsibility for Learning
7. The Purpose and Processes of Evaluation
Part Three: Implementing the Learner-Ce... MORE
8. Responding to Resistance
9. Taking a Developmental Approach
1. Syllabus and Learning Log Entries for Speech Communications 100A
2. Resources That Develop Learning Skills
Maryellen Weimer is a well-known writer, speaker, and proponent of effective teaching practices with more than thirty-five years of experience. She was the director of the Instructional Development Program at Pennsylvania State University for ten years and served as associate director at the National Center on Postsecondary Teaching, Learning, and Assessment. The editor of The Teaching Professor, a monthly newsletter on college teaching, Weimer is also the author of numerous books, including Inspired College Teaching and Enhancing Scholarly Work on Teaching and Learning.