FREE SHIPPING BOTH WAYSON EVERY ORDER!
This new edition of Invasion Ecology provides a comprehensive and updated introduction to all aspects of biological invasion by non-native species. Highlighting important research findings associated with each stage of invasion, the book provides an overview of the invasion process from transportation patterns and causes of establishment success to ecological impacts, invader management, and post-invasion evolution. The authors have produced new chapters on predicting and preventing invasion, managing and eradicating invasive species,... MORE
Modern global trade and travel have led to unprecedented movement of non-native species by humans with unforeseen, interesting, and occasionally devastating consequences. Increasing recognition of the problems associated with invasion has led to a rapid growth in research into the dynamics of non-native species and their adverse effects on native biota and human economies. This book provides a synthesis of this fast growing field of research and is an essential text for undergraduate and graduate students in ecology and conservation management.
1. An Introduction to Invasion Ecology
2. Transport Vectors and Pathways
3. Trends in Numbers of Invaders
6. Establishment Success: The Influence of Biotic Interactions
7. Modeling the Geographical Spread of Invasive Species
8. Ecological Processes and the Spread of Non-Native Species
9. Ecological Impacts of Invasive Species
10. Impact Synthesis
11. Evolution of Invaders
12. Predicting and Preventing Invasion
13. Eradicat... MORE
14. Global Climate Change and Invasive Species