FREE SHIPPING BOTH WAYSON EVERY ORDER!
Because Knetbooks knows college students. Our rental program is designed to save you time and money. Whether you need a textbook for a semester, quarter or even a summer session, we have an option for you. Simply select a rental period, enter your information and your book will be on its way!
ALERT: Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are n... MORE
Access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may not be included when purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson; check with the seller before completing your purchase.
Used or rental books
If you rent or purchase a used book with an access code, the access code may have been redeemed previously and you may have to purchase a new access code.
Access codes that are purchased from sellers other than Pearson carry a higher risk of being either the wrong ISBN or a previously redeemed code. Check with the seller prior to purchase.
-- Updated in a new 12th edition, Human Communication: The Basic Course surveys the broad field of human communication, giving attention to theory, research, and skill development. This book provides an in-depth look at the concepts, principles, and skills of human communication, emphasizing public speaking, interpersonal communication, and small group communication.
Part One. Foundations of Human Communication
1. Preliminaries to Human Communication
2. Culture and Communication
3. The Self and Perception
4. Listening in Human Communication
5. &nb... MORE
6. Nonverbal Messages
Part Two. Interpersonal, Small Group Communication, and Organizational Communication
7. Interpersonal Communication: Conversation
8. Interpersonal Relationship Stages and Theories
9. Friends, Lovers, and Families
10. Small Group Communication
11. Members and Leaders
12. Human Communication in the Workplace: Organizational Communication
13. Interpersonal, Small Group, and Workplace Conflict
Part Three. Public Speaking
14. Public Speaking Topics, Audiences, and Research
15. Supporting and Organizing Your Speech
16. Style and Presentation in Public Speaking
17. The Informative Speech
18. The Persuasive Speech
Glossary of Human Communication Concepts and Skills