FREE SHIPPING BOTH WAYSON EVERY ORDER!
Because Knetbooks knows college students. Our rental program is designed to save you time and money. Whether you need a textbook for a semester, quarter or even a summer session, we have an option for you. Simply select a rental period, enter your information and your book will be on its way!
Notes on Contributors
1. The Erotics of Looking: Materiality, Solicitation and Netherlandish Visual Culture (Angela Vanhaelen and Bronwen Wilson)
2. Beer and Loafing in Antwerp (Bret Rothstein)
3. Perspectives in Flux: Viewing Dutch Pictures in Real Time (Celeste Brusati)
4. Entropic Segers (Christopher P. Heuer)
5. The Turn of the Skull: Andreas Vesalius and the Early Modern Memento Mori (Rose Marie San Juan)
6. Laying the Table: The Procedures of Still Life (Joanna Woodall)
7. Boredom's Threshold: ... MORE
8. Art/Matter(s) (Larry Silver)
9. On the Impulse of Mapping, or How a Flat Earth Theory of Dutch Maps Distorts the Thickness and Pictorial Proclivities of Early Modern Dutch Cartography (and Misses Its Picturing Impulse) (Benjamin Schmidt)
10. Reflections on Temporality in Netherlandish Art (Lyle Massey)
11. The Work of Realism (Bronwen Wilson)
Angela Vanhaelen is Associate Professor and Chair of the Department of Art History and Communication Studies at McGill University. Her publications include The Wake of Iconoclasm: Painting the Church in the Dutch Republic (2012).
Bronwen Wilson is Professor and Head of World Art Studies and Museology at the University of East Anglia. Her publications include The World in Venice: Print, the City, and Early Modern Identity (2005).