Because Knetbooks knows college students. Our rental program is designed to save you time and money. Whether you need a textbook for a semester, quarter or even a summer session, we have an option for you. Simply select a rental period, enter your information and your book will be on its way!
Ideal for courses in contemporary moral problems, introduction to ethics, and applied ethics, Disputed Moral Issues: A Reader, Second Edition, is a comprehensive anthology that brings together seventy-four engaging articles on a wide range of contemporary moral issues. Carefully selected and edited for an undergraduate audience, the essays are organized into thirteen chapters that cover moral theory; sexual morality and marriage; pornography, hate speech, and censorship; drugs, gambling, and addiction; sexism, racism, and reparation; ... MORE
Striking a unique balance between moral theory and applied ethics, editor Mark Timmons provides students with an accessible Moral Theory Primer (Chapter 1), in which he outlines the guiding principles of moral theory, presents six central moral theories, and relates those theories to the issues debated in the articles. Chapter 2--new to this edition--features six readings in moral theory that correspond to the theories presented in the primer. Each of the remaining chapters is preceded by an introduction, and each selection is preceded by a brief summary and reader cues, which direct students to a specific section of the Moral Theory Primer in order to best help them understand the essay in question. A "Quick Guide to Moral Theories" appendix and an extensive glossary of key terms further enhance the text. A "User's Guide," which follows the preface, shows instructors how they can integrate moral theories and applied ethics into their courses.
NEW TO THIS EDITION:
- Twenty-one contemporary readings, including six selections in a new chapter on moral theories
- Reading and discussion questions after each selection
- Lists of "Additional Resources" at the end of each chapter featuring annotated guides to both print and online resources
- An Instructor's Manual on CD that provides chapter summaries and goals, quizzes, sample syllabi, references to media and web resources, and sample PowerPoint-based presentations
- A Companion Website at www.oup.com/us/Timmons containing the material from the Instructor's Manual as well as student resources (self-quizzes, web links, and suggested readings)