FREE SHIPPING BOTH WAYSON EVERY ORDER!
Because Knetbooks knows college students. Our rental program is designed to save you time and money. Whether you need a textbook for a semester, quarter or even a summer session, we have an option for you. Simply select a rental period, enter your information and your book will be on its way!
About the Author iv
Foreword by Kay McClenney vii
1. The Community College Landscape 13
2. Funding: Where the Money Comes From, Where It Goes, and Why There’s Never Enough 35
3. Community College Administration: Who Does What 61
4. Herding Cats: Managing Creative People 85
5. Regular Challenges of the Dean’s Job 105
6. Saving Community Colleges: A Few Modest Proposals 125
Matthew Reed is the author of the popular blog Confessions of a Community College Dean for Inside Higher Ed. He is vice president for academic affairs at Holyoke Community College and has been a full-time and adjunct faculty member, associate dean, and dean at for-profit and community colleges. He lives in Massachusetts with his wife and two young children.