FREE SHIPPING BOTH WAYSON EVERY ORDER!
Because Knetbooks knows college students. Our rental program is designed to save you time and money. Whether you need a textbook for a semester, quarter or even a summer session, we have an option for you. Simply select a rental period, enter your information and your book will be on its way!
User-friendly and engaging, this text covers both traditional and newer theories of career counseling. The third edition uses the National Career Development Associationís Career Counseling Competencies, the National Career Development Guidelines for professional school counselors, and CACREP Standards as a framework for covering the crucial knowledge areas and skills required for effective career development interventions in a diverse society. Coverage focuses squarely on the application of interventions with real people, using straightforward presentations, student activities, and multicultural case studies to expose students to all of the essential competencies required for the professional practice of career counseling. The authors, both among the leading career development scholars nationally and internationally, share their in-depth knowledge and experience to help readers appreciate the importance of career development theory and practice. This practical text provides essential tips for translating theory into practice in ways that readers can readily apply to their prospective work settings.
1. Introduction to Career Development Interventions.
2. Understanding and Applying Theories of Career Development.
3. Understanding and Applying Emerging Theories of Career Development.
4. Career Development and Diverse Populations.
5. Career Counseling Strategies ... MORE
6. Assessment and Career Planning.
7. Career Information and Resources.
8. Using Technology to Support Career Counseling and Planning.
9. Designing, Implementing, and Evaluating Career Development Programs and Services.
10. Career Development Interventions in the Elementary Schools.
11. Career Development Interventions in Middle and High Schools.
12. Career Development Interventions in Higher Education.
13. Career Development Interventions in Community Settings.
14. Ethical Issues in Career Development Interventions.
JoAnn Harris-Bowlsbey has enjoyed a distinguished career, including positions as high school counselor, director of guidance, university professor and career counselor, developer of DISCOVERģ and Executive Director of ACTís Educational Technology Center. She is currently Executive Vice-President of Development for Kuder, Inc., and in that role designs and develops content for Web-based career planning systems. She is the author or co-author of many journal articles and several books. She is a past-president of the National Career Development Association and a recipient of its Eminent Career Award.
Spencer G. Niles is professor and department head of Counselor Education in the Counseling Psychology and Rehabilitation Services Department at Pennsylvania State University.