FREE SHIPPINGON EVERY ORDER!
Everything you need to prepare for real-world practice in cardiovascular and pulmonary therapy
Includes CD-ROM with interactive exercises
This comprehensive book/CD-ROM package offers a detailed, authoritative review of the full scope of cardiovascular and pulmonary physical therapy.
Featuring contributions from international experts in the field, it thoroughly explains exercise principles and provides an evidence base for many of the tests, measures, and interventions used by physical therapists.
Fully integrated with the APTA's Guide to Physical Therapist Practice, 2e, this edition is enriched by a new full-color presentation and has been revised using feedback from a national survey of course directors.
Learn how to apply principles to practice in any setting with:
- A complete chapter on the history and use of the Guide to Physical Therapist Practice
- Eight chapters on preferred-practice patterns for cardiovascular and pulmonary therapy describing interventions and outcomes
- A case study in each practice pattern chapter illustrating how tests, measures, and interventions apply to actual patients International perspectives that offer insights into the global practice of physical therapy from prominent therapists from Australia, Canada, Japan, Singapore, and Columbia
- NEW CHAPTER: Physical Therapy Associated with Bariatric Disorders that details the role of the physical therapist in this important area Peer-reviewed published research
- A CD-ROM that contains: A variety of multimedia interactive presentations that complement chapters in the book; Case study exercises; Demonstrations of cardiac and pulmonary physical exams