FREE SHIPPING BOTH WAYSON EVERY ORDER!
Because Knetbooks knows college students. Our rental program is designed to save you time and money. Whether you need a textbook for a semester, quarter or even a summer session, we have an option for you. Simply select a rental period, enter your information and your book will be on its way!
The Thirteenth Edition of Access to Health makes personal health engaging for students to learn and easier for instructors to teach by focusing on the most important real-world issues and topics, highlighting a focus on technology and money.
Long known for its currency, research, and strength in behavior change, Access to Health provides key information through a consistent framework for motivating you to make healthy life choices. As a teacher, mentor, an... MORE
The Thirteenth Edition adds new features highlighting health topics centering around money and technology issues. Additionally, the book references one Video Tutor per chapter with QR codes. You simply scan the code with a reader on their phone and quickly and easily view a short video that makes a tricky concept easy to understand. As always, the book’s attractive design, imaginative art, unique mini-chapters, and robust media make learning personal health more accessible.
Access to Health provides hands-on practical tools that help you effect healthy changes in your life.
If you want the Book and Access Code order ISBN:
0321784200 / 9780321784209 Access to Health & MyHealthLab® Student Access Code Card Package
Package consists of:
0321699084 / 9780321699084 Access to Health
0321726502 / 9780321726506 MyHealthLab® Student Access Code Card for Access to Health
I. FINDING THE RIGHT BALANCE
1. Accessing Your Health
2. Promoting and Preserving Your Psychological Health
Focus On: Cultivating Your Spiritual Health
3. Managing Stress and Coping with Life’s Challenges
Focus On: Improving Your Sleep
II. CREATING HEALTHY AND CARING RELATIONSHIPS
4. Building Healthy Relationships and Communicating Effectively
5. Understanding Your Sexuality
6. Considering Your Reproductive Choices
III. BUILDING HEALTHY LIFESTYLES
7. Eating for a Healthier You
8. Reaching and Maintaining a Healthy Weight
Focus On: Enhancing Your Body Image
9. Improving Your Physical Fitness
IV. AVOIDING RISKS FROM HARMFUL HABITS
10. Recognizing and Avoiding Addiction
11. Drinking Alcohol Responsibly
12. Ending Tobacco Use
13. Avoiding Drug Misuse and Abuse
V. PREVENTING AND FIGHTING DISEASE
14. Protecting against Infectious Diseases and Sexually Transmitted Infections
Focus On: Understanding Your Health Inheritance
15. Preventing Cardiovascular Disease
Focus On: Minimizing Your Risk for Diabetes
16. Reducing Your Cancer Risk
17. Reducing Risks and Coping with Chronic Conditions
VI. FACING LIFE’S CHALLENGES
18. Choosing Conventional and Complementary Health Care
19. Preventing Violence and Abuse
Focus On: Reducing Your Risk of Unintentional Injury
20. Preserving and Protecting Your Environment
21. Preparing for Aging, Death, and Dying
Rebecca Donatelle is an Associate Professor in Public Health and is the Coordinator of the Public Health Promotion and Education Programs in the College of Health and Human Sciences at Oregon State University. She has a Ph.D. in Community Health/Health Education, a Master of Science degree in Health Education, and a Bachelor of Science degree with majors in both Health/Physical Education and English. She is also a Certified Health Education Specialist in behaviors and behavior change. She has received the Leadership Award, outstanding teacher award in her college, and a Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Presidential Award for Promising New Research in the Smoke-Free Families National Initiative.