Because Knetbooks knows college students. Our rental program is designed to save you time and money. Whether you need a textbook for a semester, quarter or even a summer session, we have an option for you. Simply select a rental period, enter your information and your book will be on its way!
I. A RHETORIC FOR COLLEGE WRITERS.
1. Posing Problems: The Demands of College Writing.
2. Pursuing Problems: Exploratory Writing and Talking.
3. Thinking Rhetorically About Question, Thesis, and Support.
4. Thinking Rhetorically About Purpose, Audience, and Genre.
II. WRITING PROJECTS.
WRITING TO LEARN.
5. Seeing Rhetorically: The Writer as Shaper/Observer.
6. Reading Rhetorically: The Writer as Strong... MORE
WRITING TO EXPRESS.
7. Writing an Autobiographical Narrative.
WRITING TO EXPLORE.
8. Writing an Exploratory Essay.
WRITING TO INFORM.
9. Writing an Informative (and Surprising) Essay.
WRITING TO ANALYZE AND SYNTHESIZE.
10. Analyzing Images.
11. Analyzing Numerical Data.
12. Analyzing a Short Story.
13. Analyzing and Synthesizing Ideas.
14. Investigating Questions About Causes and Consequences.
WRITING TO PERSUADE.
15. Writing a Classical Argument.
16. Making an Evaluation.
17. Proposing a Solution.
III. A GUIDE TO COMPOSING AND REVISING.
18. Writing as a Problem-Solving Process.
19. Composing and Revising Closed-Form Prose.
20. Composing and Revising Open-Form Prose.
IV. A RHETORICAL GUIDE TO RESEARCH.
21. An Introduction to Research.
22. Finding and Evaluating Library and Internet Sources.
23. Citing and Documenting Sources.
24. Advanced or Specialized Research Skills.
V. A GUIDE TO SPECIAL WRITING AND SPEAKING OCCASIONS.
25. Oral Communication: Working in Groups and Giving Speeches.
26. Essay Examinations: Writing Well Under Pressure.
27. Assembling a Portfolio and Writing a Self-Reflection.
VI. A GUIDE TO EDITING.
HB 1: Improving Your Editing Skills.
HB 2: Understanding Sentence Structure.
HB 3: Signaling Sentence Structure: The Main Uses of Periods, Capital Letters, Commas, and Semicolons.
HB 4: Editing for Standard English Usage.
HB 5: Editing for Style.
HB 6: Editing for Punctuation and Mechanics.