FREE SHIPPING BOTH WAYSON EVERY ORDER!
Because Knetbooks knows college students. Our rental program is designed to save you time and money. Whether you need a textbook for a semester, quarter or even a summer session, we have an option for you. Simply select a rental period, enter your information and your book will be on its way!
Starting Out with Programming Logic and Design, Second Edition, is a language-independent introductory programming book that orients students to programming concepts and logic without assuming any previous programming experience. In the successful, accessible style of Tony Gaddis’ best-selling texts, useful examples and detail-oriented explanations allow students to become comfortable with fundamental concepts and logical thought processes used in programming without the complication of language syntax. Students gain confidence... MORE
The book is ideal for a programming logic course taught as a precursor to a language-specific introductory programming course, or for the first part of an introductory programming course.
- A language independent approach allows students to gain confidence and build skills before moving on to a language-specific course.
- Contemporary coverage and Gaddis' acclaimed writing style appeal to today's students.
- Program design, modules, selection structures, and repetition structures - key topics that beginners must master - are covered gradually and explained with multiple examples.
- Functions are covered early but with enough flexibility to be discussed later.
- Menu-driven programming and input validation are covered in separate chapters, allowing instructors to use what they want, when they want.
- The "Getting Started with Alice" appendix presents an overview of the Alice programming environment.