FREE SHIPPING BOTH WAYSON EVERY ORDER!
Because Knetbooks knows college students. Our rental program is designed to save you time and money. Whether you need a textbook for a semester, quarter or even a summer session, we have an option for you. Simply select a rental period, enter your information and your book will be on its way!
Coleen Belk and Virginia Borden Maier have helped students demystify biology for nearly twenty years in the classroom and nearly ten years with their text, Biology: Science for Life. In the new Fourth Edition, they continue to use stories and current issues, such as discussion of cancer to teach cell division, to connect biology to student’s lives. Learning Outcomes are new to this edition and integrated within the text and MasteringBiology to help professors guide students’ reading and to help students assess the... MORE
A new Chapter 3, “Is It Possible to Supplement Your Way to Better Health? Nutrients and Membrane Transport,” offers an engaging storyline and focused coverage on micro- and macro-nutrients, antioxidants, passive and active transport, and exocytosis and endocytosis.
If you’re interested in Animal Structure and Function and Plant Biology, an alternate edition of this book, Biology: Science for Life with Physiology, is also available.
This package contains:
1. Can Science Cure the Common Cold? Introduction to the Scientific Method
I. Chemistry and Cells
2. Are We Alone in the Universe? Water, Biochemistry, and Cells
3. Is it Possible to Supplement Your Way to Better Health? Nutrients and Membrane Transport
4. Fat: How Much is Right for You? Enzymes, Metabolism, and Cellular Respiration
5. Life in the Greenhouse–Photosynthe... MORE
6. Cancer–DNA Synthesis, Mitosis, and Meiosis
7. Are You Only as Smart as Your Genes? Mendelian and Quantitative Genetics
8. DNA Detective–Complex Patterns of Inheritance and DNA Fingerprinting
9. Genetically Modified Organisms–Gene Expression, Mutation, and Cloning
10. Where Did We Come From? The Evidence for Evolution
11. An Evolving Enemy–Natural Selection
12. Who am I? Species and Race
13. Prospecting for Biological Gold–Biodiversity and Classification
14. Is the Human Population Too Large? Population Ecology
15. Conserving Biodiversity–Community and Ecosystem Ecology
16. Where Do You Live? Climate and Biomes