FREE SHIPPING BOTH WAYSON EVERY ORDER!
Because Knetbooks knows college students. Our rental program is designed to save you time and money. Whether you need a textbook for a semester, quarter or even a summer session, we have an option for you. Simply select a rental period, enter your information and your book will be on its way!
1. Can Science Cure the Common Cold? Introduction to the Scientific Method
I. CHEMISTRY AND CELLS
2. Are We Alone in the Universe? Water, Biochemistry, and Cells
3. Diet. Cells and Metabolism
4. Life in the Greenhouse: Photosynthesis Cellular Respiration, and Global Warming
5. Cancer: DNA Synthesis, Mitosis, and Meiosis
7. DNA Detective: Complex Patterns of Inheritance and DNA Fingerprinting
8. Gene Expression, Mutation and Cloning: Genetically Modified Organisms
9. Genetically Modified Organisms: Gene Expression, Mutation, and Cloning
10. An Evolving Enemy: Natural Selection
11. Who Am I? Species and Races
12. Prospecting for Biological Gold: Biodiversity and Classification
13. Is the Human Population Too Large? Population Ecology
14. Conserving Biodiversity: Community and Ecosystem Ecology
15. Where Do You Live? Climate and Biomes
Colleen Belk and Virginia Borden Maier have been colleagues and collaborators for more than thirteen years. Both authors have adopted teaching styles at their respective universities, the University of Minnesota Duluth and St. John Fisher College, that capitalize on studentsí natural curiosity about high-interest topics such as dieting, global warming, and organ donation to effectively teach fundamental course topics such as cell biology, photosynthesis, and physiology. Their classroom experience has informed every chapter to help students understand biological principles, develop critical thinking skills, apply biology to their own lives, and make the introductory course more enjoyable from both sides of the desk.
In addition to Biology: Science for Life, Colleen and Virginia are co-authors of Biology: Science for Life Laboratory Manual and Human Biology .