Because Knetbooks knows college students. Our rental program is designed to save you time and money. Whether you need a textbook for a semester, quarter or even a summer session, we have an option for you. Simply select a rental period, enter your information and your book will be on its way!
I. A COLONIZING PEOPLE, 1492-1776.
1. Ancient American and Africa.
2. Europeans and Africans Reach the Americas.
3. Colonizing a Continent in the Seventeenth Century.
4. The Maturing of Colonial Society.
5. The Strains of Empire.
II. A REVOLUTIONARY PEOPLE, 1775-1828.
6. A People in Revolution.
7. Consolidating the Revolution.
8. Creating a Nation.
9. Society and Politics in the ... MORE
III. AN EXPANDING PEOPLE, 1820-1877.
10. Economic Transformations in the Northeast and the Old Northwest.
11. Slavery and the Old South.
12. Shaping America in the Antebellum Age.
13. Moving West.
14. The Union in Peril.
15. The Union Severed.
16. The Union Reconstructed. Qualifying Questions Do you prefer a book with a more social emphasis or Do you prefer a text that emphasizes the “humanness” of America's history as it is shown in the everyday lives of Americans? (Show any of the chapter-opening vignettes to convey this emphasis.) And, what's your reaction to the Nash/Jeffrey survey text? Do you want your students to think more like historians think? (Show “Recovering the Past” essays.) Does your present book get students into history? (Show chapter openers.) Do your students have a hard time knowing how to read graphs and data? (Show “Analyzing History” features.)